Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal information” refers to information about a living individual specified by name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, etc., and information that can identify a specific individual from the information alone, such as appearance, fingerprints, voice data, and insurance number on health insurance cards (hereinafter referred to as “personal identification information”).
Article 2 (Methods of Collecting Personal Information)
The Company may ask users for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, etc., when they register for use. Additionally, the Company may collect transaction records and information related to transactions, including users’ personal information, from partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad agencies, hereinafter referred to as “partners”).
Article 3 (Purposes of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows:
- For the provision and operation of Company services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To send emails regarding new features, updates, campaigns, and information about other services provided by the Company
- For necessary communication, such as maintenance and important notices
- For users to view, modify, delete, and check the usage status of their registration information
- To charge users for the use of paid services
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- The Company may change the purpose of use of personal information only if it is reasonably deemed to be related to the purpose before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the Company will notify users of the changed purpose by the method specified by the Company or publicly on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Except in the following cases, the Company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the user’s consent. However, this does not apply in cases where it is permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and obtaining the consent of the individual is difficult
- When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of healthy upbringing of children, and obtaining the consent of the individual is difficult
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local public body, or a person entrusted with the execution of affairs based on laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the individual may hinder the performance of such affairs
- When the Company has notified or announced the matters to be announced or made public in advance and has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the information provider will not be considered a third party.
- When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided due to the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- When personal information is jointly used with a specific person, and the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of persons jointly using the personal information, the purpose of use of the persons using it, and the person responsible for the management of the personal information have been notified to the individual in advance or are in a state where the individual can easily know
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When the Company is requested to disclose personal information by the individual, the Company will disclose it to the individual without delay. However, if disclosure may fall under any of the following, the Company may not disclose all or part of it, and if a decision is made not to disclose it, the Company will notify the individual without delay. In addition, a handling fee of 1,000 yen will be charged per request for the disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
- When there is a risk of significantly hindering the proper implementation of the Company’s business
- When it would violate other laws
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If a user finds that their personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the user may request the correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) of the personal information to the Company through the procedure specified by the Company.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to a request from the user based on the preceding paragraph, the Company will promptly carry out the correction, etc. of the personal information.
- If the Company has performed correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph or has decided not to perform correction, etc., the Company will promptly notify the user of this.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If a user requests the Company to stop or delete the use of personal information on the grounds that it is being handled beyond the scope of the intended purpose of use or has been obtained by fraudulent means, the Company will promptly conduct necessary investigations.
- Based on the investigation results in the preceding paragraph, if it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will promptly suspend or delete the use of the relevant personal information.
- If the Company suspends the use, etc. based on the preceding paragraph or decides not to suspend the use, etc., the Company will promptly notify the user of this.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if it is difficult to take alternative measures due to the high cost of suspending the use, etc., or if it is difficult to suspend the use, etc. for other reasons and alternative measures are necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, the Company will take such alternative measures.
Article 10 (Contact Information)
For inquiries regarding this Policy, please contact the following: